Does The “Victim” Intend To Press Charges?
While both parties have no control over what the District Attorney plans on doing, if the defendant was accused of a crime he/she did not commit and the victim does not plan on pressing charges, once you have bailed out of jail, the likelihood of conviction is slim to none.
When an officer is called out for a domestic dispute, someone is getting arrested. It’s California law that has been put into place to ensure the safety and lives of millions of Americans.
Pictures and video evidence can be taken once the officer has arrived. If that was not done, chances are that the police officer knows that no physical altercations took place and they are simply doing their job by separating the two cohabitants.
Was The Domestic Violence Arrest A Felony Or Misdemeanor?
In many counties, San Bernardino being one of the most expensive, the county jail that an inmate has been sent to will set the bail amount based off of the criminal charges they have been arrested for. Typical arrests such as 273.5(a)pc have a bond amount set at $50,000 and are required to appear in front of a judge before being released.The second most common charges that our clients are arrested for would be 243(e)(1)pc, a misdemeanor arrest.The legal definition pulled by SHouseLaw is:Any willful and unlawful touching that is harmful or offensive—and is committed against
- the defendant’s spouse or former spouse,
- the defendant’s cohabitant or former cohabitant,
- the defendant’s fiancé(e) or former fiancé(e),
- a person with whom the defendant has or used to have a dating relationship, or
- the father or mother of the defendant’s child.
Arrested For Domestic Violence In Orange County
While we are not attorneys licensed to give legal advice, here are a few things that can be done before you go to court:
- If a restraining order has not been issued, and you were falsely arrested, consider finding friends and family whom can vouch for your innocence.
- Consider contacting your employer and have them write up a great letter of recommendation.
- Have a Bail Bonds Company In San Bernardino ready if you have been arrested.
- Contact a Domestic Violence Attorney in a city near you for legal representation.